1987 PRS Custom 24
Regarded as some of the best guitars ever made by Paul Reed Smith, this late 80's PRS Custom 24 features both a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard and the infamous "Sweet Switch".
Built before the factory move to the new Maryland site, these models are referred to as "pre factory", but that’s a little bit of a misnomer. This guitar was made in the Virginia Avenue facility and was initially carved out with dupli-carvers and jigs and then finished by hand. The build quality is amazing.
The finish has started to gracefully fade - however the flame on it is truly spectacular.
- One piece Mahogany Neck with Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
- Regular Neck Carve with moon inlays
- 10 Top figured maple top with a solid mahogany back
- Nickel hardware and a Tremolo bridge
- PRS Phase I Locking Tuners
- HFS Treble & Vintage Bass Humbuckers
- 5 way rotary switch
- Sweet Switch Tone Filter
- Original PRS Hard Case