At the dawn of the seventies, as popular music trended towards the fatter tones of humbucking pickups into overdriven amps, Fender hired legendary humbucking pickup designer Seth Lover to create a distinctly Fender-flavoured take on a higher output dual-coil pickup.
The resulting Wide Range pickup used large bobbins and threaded CuNiFe rod magnets to achieve its unique and brilliant sound. The Telecaster® Custom was discontinued in 1979 and real CuNiFe-magnet pickups disappeared with them. The American Original ‘70s Telecaster Custom features the first authentic CuNiFe magnet powered Wide Range neck pickup in over 40 years, complimented by a calibrated Tim-Shaw-designed ‘70s Telecaster single-coil bridge pickup. Controls include individual volume and tone for each pickup and an upper-bout 3-way toggle switch.
Other touches include original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware - including F logo tuners and bullet truss rod adjust and a lacquer finish that lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone.
Guitar is in very good condition - upgraded compensated brass saddles have been fitted.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rods: Bullet Style
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '70s Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup: Tim Shaw Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: SH
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele®
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Includes vintage hard case and ashtray bridge.