Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Nowadays, they make guitars of all shapes and sizes; all built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map.
The Premier SS combines semi-hollow resonance with affordable, gritty Duncan-designed HH tone. Naturally, it features D’Angelico’s unique headstock design, chrome hardware and Mother of Pearl Acrylic block inlays - every bit as luxurious as you’d expect.
This single-cut semi-hollow features a Laminated Flame Maple body (back, sides and top) with multi-ply binding. This offers a bright, clear response that’ll ensure your guitar is heard, no matter what style.
For the neck, D’Angelico opted for Maple. This adds yet more midrange/top-end brightness to the humbucker sound, great for clarity in your lead playing.
Hardware & Electronics
Twin Duncan-designed HB humbuckers deliver a warm but gutsy snarl. But thanks to the tonewood choices and coil-tap controls, the Premier SS is no one-trick pony. It’ll clean up beautifully, just as suited to jazz and funk as it is to alt-rock.
The hardware is chrome from top to bottom, including Rotomatic Stairstep tuners - it’s an undeniably striking instrument. But everything has a purpose; expect fantastic tuning stability, squeaky-clean intonation and reliability across the board.
- Body style: semi-hollow
- Shape: single cutaway
- Body material: Laminate Flame Maple
- Binding (top): multi-ply
- Pickguard: Tortoise Scalini (5-ply)
- Neck material: Maple
- Neck shape: C-shape
- Neck joint: set-thru
- Fretboard material: Ovangkol
- Truss rod: dual action
- Scale length: 25”
- Radius: 14”
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Acrylic Block
- Frets: 22, medium
- Bridge pickup: Duncan-designed HB101B humbucker
- Neck pickup: Duncan-designed HB102N humbucker
- Controls: neck volume, neck tone, bridge volume, bridge tone, push/pull coil-tap
- 3-way toggle switch
- Tuners: Rotomatic Stairstep
- Nut material: PPS
- Bridge: Chrome Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: D’Angelico Stairstep Trapeze