If you're after a Duesenberg, chances are that the Starplayer TV is the one that you'll have seen most people play. It's fair to say that the Starplayer TV is Duesenberg's flagship guitar and for good reason; its stunning build quality and innovative German design makes this Tremola-loaded, semi-hollow, vintage-style instrument a dream to play.
The Starplayer TV guitar has a unique sound that you can't really get from another electric guitar. This can be attributed to its acoustic-inspired tonewoods, featuring a laminated Spruce top with laminated Flamed Maple back and sides. This combination of materials not only allows the Duesenberg Starplayer TV to sound open and vibrant when unplugged, but it also gives you a unique tone that works wonderfully with any clean or crunchy amp settings.
The body is paired with a 1-piece Maple neck, set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. The Maple adds some bright top-end snap that gives notes a clearer and more immediate response, while the neck profile will suit both contemporary and traditional players alike. Finishing off the wood choices, you have an Indian Rosewood fingerboard that feels super-silky under the fingers.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a tremolo, it's likely that you would have encountered some serious tuning issues. That's why Duesenberg has sought to provide players with a charming, vintage-esque guitar that has a few modern perks.
The Starplayer TV most notably features Duesenberg's ultra-smooth Deluxe Tremola. This elegant system is very Bigsby-like, and allows you to change strings far more easily. The Z-Tuners are also very tasteful; keeping your tuning rock solid while also easing the string-changing process.
Most Duesenbergs come equipped with a custom humbucker in the bridge position and a P90 in the neck. The Starplayer TV is no exception. These award-winning pickups are synonymous with blues, rock and country; regarded for their clarity and precision. The GrandVintage humbucker and Domino P90 make for a perfect pairing, versatile enough for the aforementioned genres and more.
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce
- Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.38"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Finish: Polyester
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42.5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Cream dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2.8 x 1.0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard (Straplock compatible)
- Hardware finish: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P90
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg GrandVintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
Supplied with matching Duesenberg fitted hard case