1956 Martin 00-17
- Martin 00-17 from 1956
- All mahogany
- This guitar is known as "Del" on account of someone inscribing their name to the rear of the headstock - as well as a social security number on the rear of the body
- Supplied with a period case
- Restoration work carried out by Paul Toon Guitars
- See condition report below
These kind of vintage Martin guitars were produced at that time Martin guitars were still built in limited numbers. Selected high-quality materials were used for each instrument.
This guitar sounds so wonderfully bluesy and would be a wonderful instrument for a jazz/blues guitarist. The sound is very sweet and warm, with the shine of a Parlor guitar without losing the warmth. Very direct response, focused projection, but without being overly trebly.
A wonderful vintage Martin with incredible character.
- Guitar has had some running repairs in it's 67 years as would be expected.
- Guitar has some professionally cleated top and back cracks.
- Side of the guitar has a small crack which is stable and currently not cleated
- Playability is very good
Please view all of our high res pictures as they form part of the advertisement. Should you wish to see further photos we are happy to provide them by email. Contact us HERE