The Torpedo Captor is an incredibly versatile piece of kit, allowing you to harness the full power of your tube amp in any settings - you can use it at home, in the studio, in rehearsal or live on stage. It either processes your signal 100% uninterrupted at full volume, or with a preset -20dB attenuation, and allows you to seamlessly mimic your favourite cabs without the associated hassle. Play or record in total silence but with the full projecting power of a 4x12 - plug straight into your favourite DAW and let the Torpedo Captor do the work!
Using reactive technology, its loadbox functionality is designed to make your amp believe it's connected to a cabinet, perfectly mimicking the impedance of a speaker. The analogue speaker sim function is built on Two Notes acclaimed 'Le Preamp', for mind blowing accurate tone and warmth. Available in 4, 8 or 16 Ohm versions to match your amp, you'll be able to find that sweet spot without the noise or hassle!
- Safely loads any tube amp up to 100W
- Speaker thru, 20dB attenuation or silent modes
- Save space, weight and noise on stage, plus easy and fast recording
- Use your favourite loud amp at a lower volume or completely silently
- Free Wall Of Sound III plug-in (16 supplied virtual cabinets to get you started)
- Available in 4, 8 or 16 Ohms models
- Powered by 48V phantom power or optional PSU (9-24V DC - required only for the XLR DI output and speaker simulation)
- Speaker Input: 1/4 Jack unbalanced (TS, Tip/Sleeve)
- Speaker Att: 1/4 Jack unbalanced (TS) – Attenuation: -20dB.
- Speaker Thru: 1/4 Jack unbalanced (TS) – Directly connected to Speaker Input. Disconnects the loadbox when used.
- Line Output: 1/4 Jack balanced (TRS) – Impedance: approx 1 kOhms – Without speaker simulation
- DI Output: XLR balanced – Impedance: 600 Ohms – With or without speaker simulation